Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 5 April 2012

Share

How to: Autoblog Setup

I’ve noticed when people generally set up an auto blog they go after specific niches and I don’t really know why people do this, with an auto blog you don’t really have much control over what the content in the posts on your blog other than the keywords used to find the posts and the categories you post to, you can go for specific keywords and rank for them but the posts wont always be related and auto blog traffic is hard to convert so I say what’s the point?


I have a few different set ups for my auto blogs depending on what I want to achieve


1.Mass Traffic – I use these to act as referrers and for banner impressions and I also do something I’m not supposed to talk about in here.


2.Company Keyword Driven – I build sites based on a company name such as amazon, argos, walmart etc and build the sites based on buying keywords. I dont try to rank for the company name just things like amazon coupon, walmart free gift card etc then I throw banners, custom reviews etc for who ever the site is based on, I use the mass traffic sites as referrers for these smaller traffic sites. Even though some of these sites only get 1kish uniques per month they are receiving quite targeted traffic so they convert really well.


3.High paying adsense niches such as finance, weddings, health etc. These sites receive quite low traffic for random long tail keywords but the clicks can be £6 sometimes more, generally each of these sites will make me £5 a day once they start to bring in some traffic.


I only use WP tweet bomb with these set ups because I can set a site up in under 10 mins using the content blocks feature and I get the results I want with every site I build.


1.Mass Traffic set up – I usually go and find myself a decent aged domain from godaddy anything over 5 years old with decent back links, I don’t go for niche names I look for something generic that would look right in the serps for any results when I set up these blogs I use every one of the custom content blocks I had created for WPTB. like I said I dont go for niches I throw up huge sites with as many topics and as much varied content as possible. I do have niche auto blogs but they require promotion, these sites don’t require much they take care of themselves, you wont see traffic straight away it grows each month, I’m sure if I did some link building I’d see results much quicker. The reason these sites draw so much traffic is because of the amount of content on them I set up a posting schedule to post 10 times per day for the first 2 weeks then increase to 20 posts per day for the next 2 weeks then settle at 60 posts per day and leave the sites to grow. Once they get to about 4 months they are quite large and that’s when the traffic starts flooding in. These sites have over 10k categories and each one whilst having the same category structure are totally different content wise.


2.Company Keyword Driven set up – I usually have to buy a new domain for these as not many expired domains will be right, I do some keyword research find a good buying long tail with plenty of searches and buy a domain based on the search phrase. I have company keyword content blocks all set up for many many companies that have affiliate programs, so I build my sites using these and promote the sites, link building etc to get ranked for my chosen company related keywords which is very little work most of the time. Once the sites have aged and started receiving traffic I Monetise them


3.Adsense high paying keywords – exactly the same as company keywords except I go for a niche in general not a micro niche so I wouldn’t pick wedding dresses I’d go for the whole wedding niche, or insurance I go for every kind of insurance I can think of. Whilst I wont ever rank for insurance I will get those longtail search results all day long, the things I rank for are totally random but are related to the niche so the clicks can be quite high ones, I use the twitter function on these sites for indexing and some traffic when they start out as it can take a bit longer to see any traffic from these sites but they are profitable in the long run. I’ve got content blocks pre made for lots of these niches and every site I build is different even with the same content blocks. Just a note, the content blocks I offer for sale are the ones I set up my mass traffic sites not the company or adsense ones.

0 comments:

Post a Comment